In 1931, Harold C. Bradley, Porter Butts, and a small group of students established the Wisconsin Hoofers. Eight decades later, as one of the largest and most active collegiate outdoor recreation programs in the country, Hoofers continues to offer outdoor recreation activities and bond new communities around the outdoors. Your generous in-kind support helps Hoofers to continue to learn, explore, and bond through recreation. In-kind support can be the donation of equipment (upon approval/acceptance of Wisconsin Hoofers), hospitality (offering housing for traveling Hoofers), use of property/equipment, services, and more.
Donors who support Hoofers with an in-kind gift of $500 or more (in value) will be inducted into the Harold C. Bradley Society. To learn more about giving levels, click HERE.
Tack and Equipment Donations
The Hoofer Riding Club is a self supporting student led organization. We achieve most of our funding through lessons, clinics, shows, fundraising and through the generosity of our donors. We are thankful that over the years our donors have been very generous by donating saddles, halters, a trailer, and countless other items.
Currently the Riding Club is hoping to obtain the following through donations:
- Girths- 46" and 48"
- Girth Covers
- Fly sheets- 76", 78"
- Winter blankets (Heavy weight and Medium weight) 76", 78"
- Rain Sheets all sizes from 66"-82"
- Quality close contact/jumping saddles- 17 1/2" and bigger med/wide to wide tree
- Thick, high quality english saddle pads in neutral colors (black, white, navy, hunter green, burgundy)
- Size large, pull on bell boots
- Jump cups
- Leather punch
- Horse size halters (preferably leather or black)
- Blow dryers (to dry sweaty horses after winter lessons!)
- Dressage whips
- Horse size curb chains
- Bevel or riser half pads
Used items are welcomed as long as they are in safe working condition. We offer tax deductions for both new and used items that are donated to us!
If you have any of these or other items you would like to donate, please contact email@example.com
Are you Interested in Donating a Horse?
The Hoofer Riding Club and Equestrian Team rely heavily on the generosity of our donors. Our donors donate horses and various other items for a variety of reasons - personal life changes to changes in their riding direction - for which they may receive tax benefits. Regardless of their reason, when donating a horse, their desire for their horse to remain in work and be loved and cared for prompts them to donate to Hoofer Riding Club.
If you think you may have a horse that you would like to donate to our program, we would love to hear from you!
What we are looking for in a horse:
- Safe and sane
- Solid flat training
- 15hh or higher
- 6 years old or older
- Little to no maintenance needs (some injections ok)
Preferred but not required criteria:
- Some jump training
- Bare foot
- More whoa than go!
What you get:
- Horses receive a loving home
- Close to 100 members to dote on and spoil the horses
- Horses are tax deductible
- Periodic updates on how the horse is doing
- Ability to come and visit
- Acknowledgement from the University of Wisconsin and Wisconsin Union
If you have a horse that you think might work in our program, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.